This internship will primarily support the build out of a video-based training program that will be distributed internally to BCBSNE employees and eventually externally to consulting customers. Enterprise Configuration’s internship program mission is to provide a hands-on learning experience through project work, job shadowing and interaction with an experienced instructional designer. Initially, this internship will focus mainly on editing audio and video for instructional videos in our backlog. As school schedules allow, this intern will participate in and support learning needs analysis and learning design meetings with Subject Matter Experts. There will also be opportunities to help build out e-learning in tools such as Captivate, Articulate Storyline (Rise), etc. and to develop infographics and other instructional materials.
Ideally, ability to work 20-40 hours a week during the school year (Nov – May) and 40 hours per week during the summer.
Approximate pay depending on experience with tools and skills. $14.40
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Multi-Media/Instructional Developer intern will add visual appeal and turn complex ideas into easily understood graphics, videos and interactives. This position will collaborate with the learning designer to develop, format, and illustrate videos and web-based courses. Responsible for audio/video editing for instructional videos. Take complex information and translate it into an easy to understand visuals.
- Create and edit video, audio, and animations for use in learning.
- Collaborate on the design and development of training content, video production and animation with input from subject matter experts (SMEs), to produce sound instructional materials in accordance with program objectives and solid instructional principles.
- Develop and publish videos & eLearning modules to a Learning Management System (LMS) or Learning Experience Platform.
- Keep abreast of continually new and/or enhanced product features and functionality and incorporate into training design and development.
- Create and refine educational content and presentations based on varying audience’s needs.
Required Minimum: Enrolled in a 4-year college degree with Junior or Senior standing, pursuing a degree in Instructional Design, Educational/Instructional Technology, or Multimedia/Graphic Design (with interest in instruction). Graduate students also welcome.
- Demonstrated proficiency in audio & video editing
- Ability to convey complex or technical/system concepts in clear concise manner to a non-technical audience
- Strong visual design skills
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest instructional and video productions trends, techniques, and technologies
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Outstanding project management skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines in a focused and effective manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter able to work independently as well as on a team in a remote office setting.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, or ABILITIES:
- Camtasia, Audacity, and/or Adobe Illustrator, Premier Pro, After Effects & Audition or animation tools.
- Preferred: Experience working with an (Learning Management System) LMS
- Project Management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work remotely and collaborate with teammates via virtual channels
Learn more about what makes BCBSNE such an exceptional place to work by visiting NebraskaBlue.com/Careers.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our customers and members.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans