Are you passionate about working in financial markets and by the prospect of providing technical support for the world’s leading financial professionals? If so, join the Bloomberg Customer Support internship, which is a key part of our Technology Services & Solutions business.
As a future intern you have two critical focus areas: to provide exceptional customer service to a broad range of clients, and ensure the fast and effective management of various client workflows and hardware/software issues. You will provide login support and connect our clients to the various Bloomberg products and platforms they subscribe to. You will work alongside our 500 strong international team, supporting our clients collectively in more than 18 languages.
Specific tasks can include; providing outstanding customer service to our clients via the internal ticketing system, phone call, e-mail or live chat. Identifying, investigating, and resolving customer issues using proprietary company software. Collaborating with your team on various department and global projects, analyzing complex processes, and thinking of creative solutions.
This is an exciting internship for students seeking a unique experience. We will make sure that you are ready to provide exceptional customer service through our training program. You will also receive an introduction to Bloomberg products and services, our clients, a broader insight into global financial markets, general daily inquiries, product setup and hardware, and troubleshooting.
We will help you expand your skills and opportunities in this role through project involvements. Our Interns are involved in mentoring, quality control and idea generation. Successful interns will have the opportunity to be offered a permanent full time role in Bloomberg Customer Support at the end of the Internship.
– Currently enrolled in a university with a graduation date between December 2021 and May 2022
– Available to work for the whole duration of 10 weeks from June 4th – August 13th 2021
– At a minimum, we require that you are legally authorized to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
– Strong customer service skills including telephone etiquette and a professional demeanor
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and either Portuguese or French at a business fluency level
– A proven interest in finance and/or technology
– Desire to develop skills and experience in customer service in a fast-moving FinTech environment
– Willingness to learn new technologies and ability to retain information
– Careful attention to detail, with an aptitude for working quickly and accurately
– Multi-tasking and problem solving skills as well as an ability to work independently and as a member of a larger global team
– An interest in progressing a career within Bloomberg
Training the intern will receive: (2-3 weeks: Training on the Bloomberg Terminal; Cust Support Workflows: Login support, hardware/software issues, troubleshooting, password resets, etc.) Format: classroom setting, Role plays to reinforce the training.
Hours per week: 40 hrs