Location | Phoenix, AZ (accessible off of 19th Ave/Northern Lightrail stop)
Commitment | Summer: June 1 – Aug. 15 (Minimum of 15 hours/week) Fall: Aug. 15 – December 15 (Minimum of 15 hours/week)
BLOOM365 is seeking someone self-motivated with great interpersonal skills. The intern will gain visibility into the inner workings of the development department within a nonprofit context.
- Research new foundations to apply for funding.
- Research and develop events in new fundraising markets.
- Research event venues and caterers, and help to get quotes.
- Provide assistance at fundraising events.
- Help organize our annual Golf Tournament, Rock the Purple Concert, and auction.
- Help in researching and cultivating potential donors.
- Help strengthen donor relations through hand-written cards and phone calls.
- Help with maintaining database records in DonorView.
- Help solicit potential corporate sponsors.
- Opportunity to learn and assist grant writing process.
- Supporting the creation of BLOOM365’s annual report.
Note: Not all internship seekers meet every qualification. Consider applying if several of these match your current abilities as well as future areas for growth. The best candidates will bring diverse perspectives, experiences and skills, not just a high GPA.
- Passionate about BLOOM365’s mission, vision, and work.
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written, are essential.
- Previous nonprofit experience and/or coursework in fundraising, nonprofit management, or marketing and communication preferred.
- Knowledge of Google Suite.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Reliable transportation, please note this is an in-person position.
How to Apply:
Applications without a cover letter will be incomplete and will not be considered.
- Fill out the external application.
- Upload a 1-page cover letter, a 1-page resume and two references (include phone and email).
- Answer the following in your cover letter:
- Why do you want to intern with bloom365?
- Share what skills, experiences, interests, etc. you think will help you in your role as an intern.
- Share any goals or what you hope to gain as an intern.
If you have any questions or difficulties submitting your application please email our Development Coordinator, Maddie Armentrout, at firstname.lastname@example.org.