Block is a renovation platform transforming the $400 billion renovation industry. Today, doing a home renovation is an abysmal consumer experience and frustrating for contractors as well. Block democratizes high-end renovations by bringing together planning, design, and construction into one streamlined experience. Block simplifies a complex and convoluted process and gives homeowners certainty on outcomes, quality, price, and time.
Our mission is to give homeowners a better way to improve the spaces they live in, and to give contractors a better way to work. We are building an ambitious, tenacious, and creative team who is unafraid of tackling new challenges. The founders are former leaders at Casper, HuffPost, and Rent the Runway. Investors include New Enterprise Associates, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, Obvious Ventures, and more.
As a Growth Marketing Intern, you will support our Marketing team that is responsible for growing the business through paid and organic advertising. This team oversees key channels, including Facebook and Instagram, Google Search, Direct Mail, and Partnerships, to acquire new customers and drive brand awareness. You will report into the Growth Marketing Director and work closely with other members of the marketing team.
- Implement acquisition marketing campaigns on paid channels (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Google, Youtube, Direct Mail, OOH), direct response channels and email marketing campaigns
- Spearhead Influencer outreach and engagement on social media platforms
- Build event/webinar partnership playbook, pre, post and during
- Assist in lifecycle marketing efforts including email marketing, re engagement marketing and referral programs
- Collaborate on website optimization including A/B testing, email collection, landing page customization
- Analyze and extract meaningful marketing insights from various channels, competition and analytics platforms.
- Create and deliver presentations of test results and strategies to internal stakeholders.
- Familiarity with the latest trends in the home renovation sector and the intersection with cultural moments
- Solid understanding of Facebook, Instagram and Google Ads
- Desire to experiment with innovative marketing approaches – influencer & referral marketing, while having a solid understanding of the internet and social media marketing best practices.
- Is very comfortable with data ( Proficiency in G-suite) and excited to see how data is used to make decisions
- Has experience translating consumer insights into actionable and compelling marketing tactics
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment where the ability to influence and build relationships is critical
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Prior marketing experience at a fast growing-startup is a plus.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Being part of a fast-growing start-up revolutionizing the world of renovation
- Working alongside and learning from an ambitious, kind, no-drama team
- Exposure to talented early-employees of some of the most successful technology companies (ClassPass, Rent the Runway, Casper, Tesla and more)
- Forming meaningful relationships with a fun and multicultural team
- Force simplicity
- Problems are our fuel
- Collaborate with tenacity and humility
- Save money where we should
- Speed is our advantage