The Bethesda Big Train team playing in the summer wooden bat Cal Ripken Collegiate Baseball League is seeking a college or graduate school student to serve as the team photographer for all summer 2021 games and community events. Individuals should have experience photographing live sports (ideally baseball) and other events, and should have their own digital camera. Candidates should be able to edit and upload their photos to an agreed upon web platform as soon as possible each night after a game or event.
Interning with Big Train offers educational and networking opportunities, and course credit is available for college students. This opportunity is unpaid, but a small stipend will be offered. ESPN’s Tim Kurkjian has granted permission to describe this position as a “Tim Kurkjian Sports Journalism Fellow.” The internship will run from on or about May 20, 2021 through August 6, 2021.
This is UNPAID. Students are strongly advised to consult with academic faculty to determine if this meets eligibility standards for academic credit
- College student
- Ability to work night and weekend events
- Ability to travel to away games (all are within a one-hour drive)
- Sports and event photography experience
- Basic photo editing knowledge and computer with editing software
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Attend all Big Train home games and away games
- Photograph ballpark happenings (picnics, special events, pregame and postgame ceremonies, etc.) before and after each Big Train home game
- Photograph on-field action and crowd enthusiasm during the game
- Photograph other Big Train community events, such as food drives, parades and service days, as assigned
- Upload photos to web platform after each game or event
- Assist full-time Big Train staff with set-up and post-game procedures and any other duties as assigned