Check with your Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.
BESEN PARTNERS ANALYST INTERNSHIP WINTER 2020
Interns will be working for one of the more successful and fast-growing full service investment sales brokerage firms and asset management firms in NYC. The candidate will directly report to the Chief Operating Officer. The internship is unpaid but Besen Partners will endorse educational credit. A minimum of 15 hours per week over at least four months.
To that point the learning experience will be a combination of “on the job” training as well as training lectures and presentations by senior members of the firm. The primary focus for interns will be to learn and assist with several of the following day-to-day responsibilities:
- Creating cash flow and other financial projections models to estimate returns and value real estate investments.
- Preparing both marketing presentations and Broker Opinions of Value and sizing loans for new client meetings as well as offering memorandums and financing packages for live deals.
- Downloading data from various real estate investor and lender databases.
- Profile types of investor risk and return strategies and participate in the marketing and positioning to such investor audiences.
- Research and execute comparable valuations for asset similar to properties the firm is marketing for sale.
- Tracking information on firm’s sales and preparing materials to promote firm’s credentials.
- Researching and analyzing property financial information and preparing presentations to assist owners.
- Assisting with and asset management cost benefit analysis for owners of buildings managed by our affiliate, New York City Management.
- Exposure to and due diligence assistance and acquisition underwriting cash flows, returns and sensitivity analyses for the principal investments team.
- Participate in Associate training program which includes: 50+/- topics across both services (investment sales, capital markets, acquisitions, leasing, asset management, and distressed assets) as well as valuable functional skills (sales, marketing and valuation/analysis).
BESEN CAPITAL MARKETS
Capital Markets Advisors have the opportunity to not only successfully originate and broker financings, but also advance their career growth and earnings potential by covering geographical market(s) on a national level to source acquisitions for our principal investing affiliate, Targeted Acquisitions and its various “targeted” investment strategies.
Our unique commission-based compensation structure offers Besen Advisors both higher splits for originating qualified financing of third-party opportunities, and a share in ownership (carried interest) of and fees related to properties sourced by Advisors and acquired by Targeted Acquisitions. Our full-service platform offers clients a one-stop shop and equips our Advisors with broad cross-selling opportunities and a generous referral program to maximize return on time (ROT).
Advisor have the option to use our loan placements services for seamless and professional transaction execution, freeing up time to originate more financings and/or source acquisitions candidates. Team Leaders work directly (at no cost) with Advisors to convert your leads to financing mandates.