BASIS DC is seeking a Social Worker / School Counselor to join our bright, passionate student support team for the 2020-2021 school year!
The BASIS academic program is consistently ranked among the top 10 programs nationally and is competitive on an international scale. The mission of BASIS Schools is to provide an academically excellent and rigorous liberal arts college preparatory education to all Lower and Upper School students. It is imperative that our School Social Worker / School Counselor share our vision of improving the state of education in our country.
Primary Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Implement and monitor Tier 1 social-emotional curriculum and programming.
- Provide both individual and small group Tier 2 social, emotional and behavioral interventions.
- Student academic support and tutoring – meeting with and supporting students 1-on-1 with organization and content as needed
- Facilitate IEP implementation with general education staff.
- Monitor student progress, participates in review and revision of IEP, as appropriate.
- Assist other professional staff in the identification of behavioral , development of planned remediation and evaluation of student progress.
- Maintain appropriate student data and other records and submit reports as required.
- Monitoring and managing study groups
- Assisting the school’s Deans and Directors of Student Affairs with managing behavior and discipline
- Assisting the school’s Directors of Academic Programs with managing and executing key programs
- Providing individual counseling.
- Providing group counseling.
- Providing crisis intervention.
- Providing parent training.
- Strong belief in and adherence to the BASIS Charter School academic program and school model
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment and decision making
- Ability to work with diverse constituents while maintaining the highest professional standards
- Exemplary organizational skills; ability to establish and manage multiple priorities; ability to work under pressure
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, Masters in school social work is preferred
- Counseling Certification through DOH or OSSE
- Ability to work full time
- Working knowledge of evidence based social, emotional and behavioral interventions.
- Knowledge of Public School Law; Urban Issues; Legal and Ethical Issues
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of IDEA and its impact in the discipline
- Knowledge of child development
- Ability to interact positively with parents and families
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term “BASIS” refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.