When a healthcare practitioner looks to practice medicine at a hospital or medical facility, they must obtain privileges. A detailed background check and verification of work history and references is typically performed. Barton’s credentialing team works as a liaison between the provider and the facility.
The Associate Credentialer role will support the organization’s business objectives by serving as a subject matter expert on credentialing through review and assessment of each facility’s credentialing process. The role will be part of the Credentialing team and will lead an active role to grow the credentialing processes and procedures at Barton Associates.
- Responsible for individual providers credentialing files by collecting and gathering all pertinent information
- Build and maintain business relationships with the credentialing contacts at each of the facilities as well as providers for each assignment
- Perform and follow up on references, background checks and verifications on providers
- Effectively execute the credentialing process at each facility to meet tight deadlines and business objectives
- Assist providers in completing the hospital applications to expedite assignment potential
- Strong communication skills
- Deadline driven
- Determination & initiative to achieve objectives and ability to overcome obstacles
- Strategic thinking & ability to execute results
- Strong sense of urgency and customer service
- Adaptability and flexibility to support the organization’s growth
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Please note: Because we are an essential part of the healthcare industry, our offices are currently open with measures for safe social distancing in place. This is an in-office position.
Barton Associates specializes in providing the healthcare industry with best-in-class staffing services throughout the United States. Since its inception, Barton has prided itself on building exceptional relationships with both its clients and providers, all of which originates from their world-class training program and strong commitment to their employees.
Healthcare staffing is an $18 billion industry in the United States and is projected to increase as the national physician shortage continues. As our industry continues its rapid growth path, Barton Associates is poised to grow along with it. In 2001, Barton Associates was founded in a small office in Massachusetts’ North Shore and has since expanded to have 10 offices across 7 states (Massachusetts, Florida, Connecticut, Texas, New Hampshire, Nevada, and Arizona) with more on the horizon.
Barton Associates is committed to equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. Barton Associates is an E-Verify employer in the United States. Barton Associates is committed to employing people with disabilities and accordingly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities in accordance with applicable law. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the Human Resources Department at “HR@bartonassociates[dot]com” or 978-513-7100.