Camp Trinity on the Bar 717 Ranch is a co-ed, residential camp in Trinity County for kids ages 8-16. Our mission is to provide an outdoor camp experience where children have daily opportunities to have fun, develop friendships, challenge themselves, build character, learn new skills, gain a sense of community and make their own choices. Campers choose freely from activities that range from horseback riding, gardening, animal care, maintenance and improvement projects, to backpack trips, overnight campouts, campfires, singing, and much more.
We’re eager to hire people who will thrive in a child-oriented, outdoor environment. Counselors are role models, leaders, organizers, substitute parents, motivators, big brothers or sisters and friends who, through their thoughts and actions, exemplify positive character and values.
- Minimum age 19 by June 6, 2021 and completed at least 1 year of college (by start of camp) or have equivalent work or volunteer experience
- Passion for working with youth
- Quick learner with strong problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative attitude
- Accepting of diversity in culture, race, sexual orientation, religion, gender identity, and ethnicity
- Ability to seek and accept supervision and guidance
- Enthusiasm, good judgment, patience, adaptability and self-control
- Ability to complete Lifeguard Training/CPR and Wilderness First Aid Training (courses are offered at camp prior to staff orientation)
- Able to be a resident at camp from June 6, 2021 to at least August 8, 2021
*potential for later end date depending on availability.