Interns are assigned to an IT team within the Information Technology department.
Areas of Placement
The goal of an IT intern is to gain an understanding of day-to-day IT operations within a Fortune 300 organization. The IT intern will gain exposure technical architecture, engineering, application development, and application implementation. Through interning with our IT teams, interns will obtain an understanding of business drivers and industry trends.
· Determine optimal mythologies, modes, and applications for data organization and analysis
· Assist with building and improving the technology blueprint for AutoZone to ensure we are best in class across our IT teams.
· Increase knowledge in data protection to be implemented in the protection of our customers, partners, and AutoZoners.
· Support testing through gathering, analyzing, and concluding on data provided to support a control
What to Expect
· Multi-day intern orientation to introduce you to AutoZone, the summer internship program, your supported team, and your fellow interns
· Professional development workshops designed to increase your knowledge of AutoZone and the retail industry, as well as develop your business acumen and office professionalism
· Extensive exposure to our senior leadership which includes a fireside discussion with our CEO and SVP of HR
· Opportunities to ‘Live the Pledge” and experience summer fun outside the office through various events
· Working a 40-hour work week, Monday – Friday
· A competitive spirit with a passion for results
· An interest and confidence in working with data and numbers; strong mathematical/quantitative skills highly preferred
· Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to independently make data-driven recommendations
· A curiosity and desire to learn about consumer and retail trends, including customer demographics, purchasing influencers and emerging technology
· Dynamic written and verbal communication style to read and draft reports, as well as communicate cross functionally and vertically throughout the organization
· Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
· Must be an active student in Fall 2021
AutoZone does not provide sponsorship for our intern roles.
Start Date: May 24, 2021
End Date: Aug 6, 2021