Interns are assigned to a Human Resources team within the Human Resources department support one of the following teams: Compensation, Talent Acquisition, Training, Events, Benefits, or the HRBP team.
Areas of Placement
The goal of a HR intern is to gain an understanding of day-to-day HR operations within a Fortune 300 organization. Through interning with our HR teams, interns will obtain an understanding of business drivers and industry trends.
· Assist with recruiting methods and efforts of communicating with candidates through multiple channels.
· Identify short, medium, and long-term resourcing issues (Succession/Staffing Plans)
· Actively identify performance and skill gaps, propose and implement changes necessary to mitigate risks
· Lead training, success planning activities, and Individual development plans and facilitate team to bring the best solution for AutoZoners
· Drive, influence, advise, and support the culture and people aspects of organizational change to improve efficiency and people management allowing for flexibility and planned growth.
What to Expect
· Multi-day intern orientation to introduce you to AutoZone, the summer internship program, your supported team, and your fellow interns
· Professional development workshops designed to increase your knowledge of AutoZone and the retail industry, as well as develop your business acumen and office professionalism
· Extensive exposure to our senior leadership which includes a fireside discussion with our CEO and SVP of HR
· Opportunities to ‘Live the Pledge” and experience summer fun outside the office through various events
· Working a 40-hour work week, Monday – Friday
· A competitive spirit with a passion for results
· An interest and confidence in working with data and numbers; strong mathematical/quantitative skills highly preferred
· Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to independently make data-driven recommendations
· A curiosity and desire to learn about consumer and retail trends, including customer demographics, purchasing influencers and emerging technology
· Dynamic written and verbal communication style to read and draft reports, as well as communicate cross functionally and vertically throughout the organization
· Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
· Must be an active student in Fall 2021
AutoZone does not provide sponsorship for our intern roles.
Start Date: May 24, 2021
End Date: Aug 6, 2021