Interns are assigned to a Finance team within the Finance department in one of the following business categories: Tax, Accounting, Real Estate, Internal Audit, Commercial Credit, or Financial Controller team.
Areas of Placement
The goal of a Finance intern is to gain an understanding of day-to-day accounting operations within a Fortune 300 organization. The Finance intern will gain exposure to analysis, including actuals, forecasting, budgeting, and long-range planning. Through interning with our Finance teams, interns will obtain an understanding of business drivers, data modeling, and industry trends.
· Conduct business specific research – gather and analyze data, interpret results, compile reports and make recommendations
· Assist with financial statement creation and processing transactions
· Prepare financial records, such as balance sheets and income statements, invoices, and other documents
· Handle sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity
· Making oral/written recommendations to upper management. Execute tasks related to functional projects and/or process improvements
· Use strategic thinking to see the big picture, determine the problem and understand fundamental parts of the problem.
What to Expect
· Multi-day intern orientation to introduce you to AutoZone, the summer internship program, your supported team, and your fellow interns
· Professional development workshops designed to increase your knowledge of AutoZone and the retail industry, as well as develop your business acumen and office professionalism
· Extensive exposure to our senior leadership which includes a fireside discussion with our CEO and SVP of HR
· Opportunities to ‘Live the Pledge” and experience summer fun outside the office through various events
· Working a 40-hour work week, Monday – Friday
· A competitive spirit with a passion for results
· An interest and confidence in working with data and numbers; strong mathematical/quantitative skills highly preferred
· Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to independently make data-driven recommendations
· Dynamic written and verbal communication style to read and draft reports, as well as communicate cross functionally and vertically throughout the organization
· Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
· Must be an active student in Fall 2021
AutoZone does not provide sponsorship for our intern roles.
Start Date: May 24, 2021
End Date: Aug 6, 2021