Around here, technology has the power to make the impossible possible. From software defined networks to 5G and revolutionary technologies, our team is pushing the limits of innovation. What’s it like to develop life-changing ideas?
Our Technology Development Program is focused on transforming college students into skilled technology influencers. You’ll work on high-value projects and initiatives for a Fortune 10 company that shapes the future of everything from connectivity to entertainment. You’ll also be part of a strong network of mentors and learn alongside a group of highly motivated peers like yourself. It’s a collaborative environment full of opportunities designed to help you strengthen your capabilities and reach your fullest potential.
As part of our program, you’ll have the opportunity to apply for one of the following roles:
- Software Engineer – As a software engineer, you’ll work autonomously in small agile teams to build out next-generation technology solutions for projects such as 5G, Open-Source Initiatives, Software Defined Networking, Microservices, Automation and Cloud solutions. You’ll interpret a description of a software feature from an end user’s perspective, determine the best designed solution, code and method to test. You’ll also demo the user story solution for the software’s product owner, gather their feedback and make any needed adjustments. You’ll participate in daily meetings to communicate their progress and impediments with their team as well as to divide up new user stories. If you’re passionate about coding, we’re the place to be! Our preferred languages include Java (derivatives), SQL (derivatives), Python, C, C++, Linux/Unix, Cloud Computing, HTML, Oracle and XML.
- Data Analyst – As a data analyst, you’ll use your knowledge of artificial intelligence, machine learning and automation to breakdown business problems, analyze data and guide improvements. Your efforts will help influence customer satisfaction and generate millions in potential savings and revenue. Your solutions could influence everything from fleet optimization, customer equipment issues, energy efficiency and content analytics and marketing – often before the problem ever occurs. With ongoing skill development and collaboration with some of the brightest minds in the field, you’ll be poised to make your mark. This is your chance to gain experience and stand out. With your know-how and access to one of the largest data sets available, you’ll make an impact and develop meaningful data-driven insights to inspire continuous innovation.
- Network Engineer – As a network engineer, you’ll create and implement cutting-edge solutions using network virtualization and optimization for the purposes of completing the build out, improvement and maintenance of AT&T’s network. You’ll interpret a description of a network feature from an end user’s perspective and determine the best designed solution, implementation and test. You’ll also demo their finished user story solution for the project’s product owner, gather their feedback and make any needed adjustments. You’ll participate in daily meetings to communicate their progress and impediments with their team as well as divide up new user stories.
- Technical Business Manager – As a technical business manager, you’ll guide our transformation and growth by leading technical projects, managing operations, creating process improvement and M&Ps (methods and procedures). In addition, you’ll assess solutions, manage vendor relationships, document software requirements or user stories, lead Scrum teams of developers or technicians and manage small portfolios comprised of network elements, data stores or media. You’ll communicate with all levels of leadership and must be able to translate technical details into common terms as well as prepare oral, written and visual communications. You may also be responsible for preparing business cases, managing budgets and financials or acting as a liaison in multi-team settings.
So, what qualifications are we looking for in a candidate? We’re looking for someone of integrity with excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills and the ability to interface with all levels of internal and external leadership. We value results-driven self-starters who can work effectively in multi-disciplinary environments throughout cross-functional teams. You’ll also need to be naturally curious about the many innovations being fostered at AT&T every day and be a lifelong learner.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math). Inclusive of degrees meeting federal STEM classification codes.
Ready to develop life-changing ideas? It starts with you. Apply today.
By applying to the Technology Development Program, we will work closely with you to ensure you are also considered for other AT&T Technology Programs at other AT&T locations throughout the US.
AT&T will not sponsor applicants for work visas of any kind for this position.
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state, & local laws.