Discover the Hidden Gem!
Conveniently located just minutes from Iowa City and Coralville
We are a small private facility with a family like atmosphere seeking professional CNAs.
- Promptly answers call lights to respond to patients’ needs.
- Dresses and undresses patients.
- Assists Residents with bathing and showering.
- Observes Residents’ skin and reports abnormalities to charge nurse.
- Actively participates in Resident admission and discharge process.
- Assists Residents with personal care, such as hair, nails, oral care, shaving, etc.
- Serves and collects food trays and feeds patients requiring help.
- Transports Residents or assists Residents to walk.
- Transfers Residents from one place to another using proper techniques.
- Turns and repositions bedrest patients, alone or with assistance, using proper techniques and in accordance with protocol.
- Provides fresh drinking water in each Resident room. Positions call lights so they are within reach of Residents.
- Makes beds and changes bed linens and keeps Residents’ beds clean, dry and tidy.
- Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration rates, and food and fluid intake and output, weights and other data as directed.
- Assists with bowel and bladder function (i.e. toileting, bed pans).
- Obtains specimens from Residents (urine, stool, etc.)
- Documents and charts necessary information in a clear and organized manner.
- Performs frequent rounds according to protocol.
- Reports all changes in Resident condition to charge nurse.
- Displays Job Competencies consistently
Candidate must be on the Iowa Nurse Aide Registry. Must be able to read, write, and follow written and oral instructions. Team skills are needed. Employer uses a pre-employment screening. Employer offers benefits.