We are Athene. At Athene, we are driven to do more. We are a leading retirement services company that issues, reinsures and acquires retirement savings products designed for the increasing number of individuals and institutions seeking to fund retirement needs. We see every day as a new opportunity to measure ourselves against the best – and then we don’t stop until we’ve set the bar even higher. We’re ready to help you achieve more.
The internship program is designed to provide students with exposure to functions within HR and the opportunity to apply knowledge acquired in the classroom to business situations. In addition, interns will participate in professional development and social networking opportunities throughout the summer.
- Assist the HR team with initiatives and tasks in Talent Acquisition, Organizational and Employee Development, Benefits & Wellness and HR Policy and Programs.
- Serve as project lead the Summer Intern Program
- Coordinate and conduct phone screens and interviews with the Talent Acquisition team
- Provide recommendations for improvements to programs, process and systems
- Assist with implementation of well being related activities, such as lunch and learn meetings, health screenings, etc.
- Participate in a business cross-functional team project
Qualifications and Experience:
- Entering Junior or Senior (3rd or 4th) year in the Fall of 2021
- General Human Resources and business knowledge
- Experience/exposure with the recruiting process
- Experience leading, planning and organizing projects independently and with a team
- Interest in and knowledge of wellness programming
- Strong organizational skills and detail Oriented
- Considerable experience and proficiency using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint Word and Outlook
- Ability to work independently and make decisions; including when to escalate to a senior HR team member
- Ability to share knowledge, accept feedback and work in a strong team oriented environment