We are recruiting interns for the Data Technician Internship at Athene in our Information Technology and Actuarial departments. Interns will be full-time employees during the Summer of 2021.
Key goals of the internship include an introduction to the insurance industry as well as a broad understanding of how data analysis supports business decisions. Interns will support the actuarial staff by performing tasks that contribute to the company’s key objectives and decision-making processes.
- Assist the team in gathering information and testing new system changes
- Responsible for assisting full time staff with various initiatives within the actuarial and information technology departments
- Promote and build efficiencies and process improvements for application related activities
- Provide strong documentation over processes and data analysis performed
Qualifications and Experience:
- Pursuit of four-year degree in Management Information Systems, Statistics, Mathematics, Data Analytics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or other related field required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and effectively meet deadlines
- Experience with SQL, Python, or Tableau is preferred
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite is preferred