We are looking for part-time academic editors to work remotely editing research papers mostly written by authors using English as a second language.
Why work for us?
- Work with a friendly team from anywhere in the world, on any schedule that suits you, supported and supervised by a Managing Editor in your field
- Develop and improve your editing skills through regular feedback, guidance and training webinars, including support to achieve professional academic editing accreditation
- Work with researchers in Asia and beyond to help them overcome English-language barriers to publication and get their work published in international journals
Who are we looking for?
- We look for the following qualities and skills in all potential editors:
- Native English speaker
- Exceptional English language skills in terms of grammar and style
- Experience of editing papers written by authors whose first language isn’t English
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to meet deadlines, work independently and manage time effectively
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills
In addition, we look for the following qualities in applicants who already hold or are studying for a Master’s or PhD, or are working towards a PhD:
- Strong academic writing skills and ideally a publication record
- Familiarity with the conventions and terminology of papers in your field
Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree should have at least 3 years of verifiable employment as an academic editor (references may be required).