Summer/Fall 2021 Virtual Internships Now Available
Period of Internship: 3 – 4 months
Are you the next international relations superstar? If so, you’re going to need the skills and relevant work experience to get your foot in the door of your first job. We take great pride in nurturing the up‐and‐coming stars of tomorrow. Through our hands‐on, year‐round virtual internship program, students compete for a unique opportunity to work alongside a dynamic and innovative team that develops global programs to help support Asia Society’s organization growth, client retention, and profitability.
WORK WITH A GLOBAL LEADER: Established in 1956 by John D. Rockefeller 3rd, we are the leading educational institution dedicated to promoting mutual understanding and strengthening partnerships across people, leaders, and institutions of Asia and the United States in a global context. Across the fields of arts, business, culture, education, and policy, we provide insight, generates ideas, and promotes collaboration to address present challenges and create a shared future.
EXPERIENCE YOU WILL GAIN. Unlike internships at other organizations, Asia Society interns gain meaningful, real‐world experience in three key areas that most organizations and institutions demonstrate competency in – planning, implementation and evaluation. You can expect to develop confidence and marketable skills by engaging in or assisting with many of the following activities:
· Layout and design of marketing materials;
· Creation of the weekly newsletter and event announcements;
· Develop original content for the Asia Society website and blog;
· Research and implement outreach;
· Create, edit and produce multimedia content, such as video and photo slideshows;
· Assist with event coordination and logistical duties;
· Research topics for social media and assist with a social media strategy through outlets like Facebook and Twitter;
· And much more!
Qualifications: Only the best and brightest need apply. To be considered for the internship, you have to:
· Maintain an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher;
· Major in international relations/studies, communications, English, journalism or marketing.
· Applicants are responsible for providing their own computer for the virtual internship. Hours are flexible and depend on the student’s class schedule, course requirements (if applicable) and availability.
· Hours Per Week: 20-40 • Wage/Salary: Unpaid • Course Credit Optional
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please e-mail, in a single PDF or Word file, with the subject line “Asia Society Summer/Fall 2021 Virtual Internship” to James Gale, Director of Programs at JGale@asiasociety.org:
· Cover letter, indicating your interest and qualifications for the internship and the days/hours you are available;
· Resume or CV;
· Short writing sample (1-2 pages).