Ash Grove Cement, a CRH company, provides portland and masonry cements to help build the foundation and infrastructure for the world around us. We ship millions of tons of cement from our plants and network of terminals located across the Midwest, Texas and Western United States and Canada. When you work for Ash Grove, you are connecting to something bigger. Join our team and help Ash Grove build America.
This position should be viewed as learning and training position with the engineer expected to develop leadership, technical and organizational skills while performing a variety of assigned job functions. Works from mentoring relationship with a key staff member, who themselves have developed their own careers along a hierarchy of acquired skills. Refers to supervisor when clarification of organization policy is needed.
- Satisfactory development will be measured by a variety of subjective skills considered fundamental for successful advancement within our company. Such skills include:
- Understanding of the organization and reporting responsibilities within the typical plant environment, the typical staff roles by position, interpersonal relationships among co-workers.
- Dealing with the public, regulatory community, vendors, customers, and off hour demands to continuous process industries.
- Develop safe work habits, leadership skills, effective communication, professional networking, budgeting and cost control.
- Develop an understanding of the cement production process – raw materials to finish milling – and propose changes to improve operating costs, efficiencies, environmental impact and product quality.
- Participate in process activities with departments.
- Learn how to conduct mass and heat balances, air flows, circuit efficiency studies, and any related testing necessary to maintain operating efficiencies.
- Undertakes study to understand the programming of the plant’s programmable logic control (PLC) and distributed control (DCS) systems.
- May undertake performance testing and measurements on production equipment.
- Completes training matrix.
This is an entry level development role that does not require prior experience, but it is preferred. Also requires a degree in one of the identified disciplines/job roles to apply.