ARTIFACT is an Omaha-based brand that designs and manufactures carry goods, aprons, and accessories locally. We specialize in leather and canvas goods with a focus on quality, utility, and timeless design. For more information about ARTIFACT go to www.artifactbags.com.
Job Overview: The Production Trainee executes the production finishing and parts of entry level product of the company. They are proficient with time and skill in making product efficiently while maintaining top quality. Long-term they are working towards building higher level finishing and leatherworking skills.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Operate and maintain machines, related parts, pattern templates, and tools.
- Read and interpret work orders. Double-checking settings, parts, and materials before beginning work.
- Inspect and repair finished products as needed and request machine adjustments to compensate for errors or quality issues.
- Identify basic machinery problems and request service or repairs as needed.
- Meet or exceed consistent daily and weekly output and quality goals.
- Other duties may be requested as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in a production environment, or skilled handwork preferred.
- Proficiency with industrial equipment and hand tools.
- Detail orientated with excellent visual spatial.
- Ability to memorize processes and complete in repetition.
- Able to read measurements, understand fractions, and use a ruler.
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods and use fine motor skills repetitively.
- Able to lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Able to manage time effectively and independently.
Please include resume and photos of skilled handwork. We look forward to hearing from you!