Position ID: TC202102-P0
Position and Grade: Internship – TCAP, Division for Asia and the Pacific
Division for Asia and the Pacific
Technical Cooperation Department
Duty Station: Vienna, Austria
Duration of Appointment/Start: 1 year, July/August 2021
The main purpose of the internship is to gain knowledge and training on the IAEA Technical Cooperation programme and delivery in the region, in particular in the areas of programming, implementation, knowledge management and partnership building.
Tasks / Key Results Expected
- Programme/Project Management: Gain an overall understanding of the delivery of the TC programme, the range and impact of activities carried out within the programme through, inter alia, on-job-training in project design and planning, project implementation under the human resource components within selected TC activities, project monitoring and evaluation, and project financial closure.
- Knowledge Management: Support the Programme Management Officer in the preparation of achievement reports for selected projects; gain hands-on experience in drafting “TC Web and Success Stories” in the region; training on related platforms used for managing projects in the TC cycle, i.e. PCMF and AIPS.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Analytical writing skills; Ability to write technical reports
- Information collection and analysis; Ability to collect and analyze information
- Reporting; Ability to prepare project reports
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in management, social sciences, science and technology, or international relations.
- Experience in the compilation, processing and reporting of information using databases
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), which is the IAEA’s standard
- Good command of spoken and written English. Knowledge of another official IAEA language (i.e. Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) an asset.
- Candidates must be a minimum of 20 years of age and have completed at least three years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution towards the completion of a first degree.
- Candidates may apply up to one year after the completion of a bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate degree.
- Candidates must not have previously participated in the IAEA’s internship programme.
- Excellent written and spoken English essential; fluency in any other IAEA official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) an asset.
- Candidates must attach two signed letters of recommendation to their application.