Position ID: NE202102-P0
Position and Grade: Internship – Machine Learning for the International Nuclear Information System Recordings
International Nuclear Information System Unit
Nuclear Information Section
Division of Energy Planning and Nuclear Information and Knowledge
Department of Nuclear Energy
Duty Station: Vienna, Austria
Duration of Appointment/Start: 1 year, July/August 2021
The main purpose of the internship is to support the International Nuclear Information System (INIS) and Software Development and Support Group (SDSG) to implement machine learning for indexing INIS records.
Tasks / Key Results Expected
- Implementing appropriate Machine Learning algorithms for indexing INIS records.
- Work on INIS and Library applications, the Nuclear Information Section internal/external web sites, etc.
- Verify the quality of the subject analysis and abstracts received from Member States, correcting errors and/or re-index documents as required.
- Propose actions for improving the quality of the INIS Collection and for increasing effectiveness of the subject analysis techniques and retrieval capabilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Design and develop Machine Learning and deep learning systems.
- Run machine learning tests and experiments.
- Implement appropriate Machine Learning algorithms.
- Data analytics.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Software Engineering, Management Information Systems or a related field.
- Ability to write robust code in Python.
- Knowledge or experience in one of the following is an asset: Understanding of data analysis, data modelling and software architecture; Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (like Tensorflow or PyTorch) and libraries (like scikit-learn).
- Candidates must be a minimum of 20 years of age and have completed at least three years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution towards the completion of a first degree.
- Candidates may apply up to one year after the completion of a bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate degree.
- Candidates must not have previously participated in the IAEA’s internship programme.
- Excellent written and spoken English essential; fluency in any other IAEA official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) an asset.
- Candidates must attach two signed letters of recommendation to their application.