NOTE: IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST COMPLETE AN APPLICATION ON THE EXTERNAL WEBSITE:
Click on the green “Apply Externally” button.
Conduct, manage, and grow basic and applied research programs in defense-related disciplines such as signal processing, statistical modeling, machine learning, information fusion, underwater acoustics modeling, and target tracking.
- Conduct analysis, modeling, and algorithm development in various disciplines such as signal processing, statistical modeling, information fusion, machine learning, underwater acoustics modeling, and target tracking.
- Manage research projects and support business development
- Prototype scientific algorithms for proof of concept, validation, and software implementation. Support performance evaluations and the transition of algorithms into next-generation demonstration and production systems.
- Convey the results of scientific research to sponsors and the scientific community through briefings, conferences and peer-reviewed publications.
- Other related functions as assigned.
Ph.D. degree in physics, math, computer or information sciences, engineering, operations research, or related technical area. Demonstrated ability in scientific algorithm development and/or scientific modeling and data analysis. Demonstrated ability with MATLAB or similar abstract language. Experience in proposal writing and business development. Proven ability to manage research projects. Record of publication in scientific proceedings. Applicant must have a dynamic skill set, be willing to work with new technologies, be highly organized and capable of planning and coordinating multiple tasks. The position will require attention to detail, effective problem solving skills and excellent judgment. Ability to work independently with sensitive and confidential information, maintain a professional demeanor, work as a team member without daily supervision and effectively communicate with diverse groups of clients. Able to work under pressure and accept supervision. Regular and punctual attendance.
US Citizen. Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information at the level appropriate to the project requirements of the position.
Four or more years of MATLAB, Python, or C++ development, scientific algorithm development, modeling and simulation, and/or scientific data analysis experience. Additional experience in the areas mentioned in the required qualifications. Experience with physical modeling, acoustics, signal processing and/or sonar; detection, localization, tracking and classification algorithms and applications; applied mathematics, machine learning, uncertainty modeling and/or statistics; developing in a Linux environment; high-performance, GPU, or cloud-computing experience. Proven ability to work independently, formulate research questions, and take initiative. Proven ability in proposal writing and business development. Extensive publication record in peer-reviewed journals. Two or more years of prior research work experience, especially in DoD-related applications. Eligibility for immediate access to classified information. Cumulative GPA of 3.0.
An agency designated by the federal government handles the investigation as to the requirement for eligibility for access to classified information. Factors considered during this investigation include but are not limited to allegiance to the United States, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations, drug involvement, the likelihood of continuation of such conduct, etc.
Please mark “yes” on the application question that asks if additional materials are required. Failure to attach all additional materials listed below may result in a delay in application processing.
$90,000-$115,000+/negotiable depending on qualifications
- Standard office conditions
- Repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation
- Use of manual dexterity
- Some weekend, evening and holiday work
- Possible interstate/intrastate travel
- 3 work references with their contact information; at least one reference should be from a supervisor
- Letter of interest
- Unofficial college transcripts