NOTE: IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST COMPLETE AN APPLICATION ON THE EXTERNAL WEBSITE:
Click on the green “Apply Externally” button.
Support the research and development efforts of the Advanced Technology Lab by assisting the assembly control team with quality control of parts.
- Perform quality control inspection of parts, including providing quality control reports.
- Perfrom quality control checks as needed.
- Assist with inventory and tracking of parts as needed.
- Perform testing of parts to ensure compliance and use fit.
- Other related functions as assigned.
High school diploma or GED. Two to three years of related experience. Demonstrated ability to follow written technical instructions. Demonstrated ability to read and explain technical drawings. Proficient with both Windows and Linux-based systems. Demonstrated a strong attention to detail. Demonstrated ability to work without direct supervision. Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and projects without direct supervision. Able to work under pressure and accept supervision. Regular and punctual attendance. Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
US Citizen. Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information at the level appropriate to the position.
Experience working as part of Quality Control. Experience with mechanical/electrical building processes. Experience organizing and sorting parts and/or projects. Demonstrated experience working with Lean Methodology and/or Six Sigma principles.
An agency designated by the federal government handles the investigation as to the requirement for eligibility for access to classified information. Factors considered during this investigation include but are not limited to allegiance to the United States, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations, drug involvement, the likelihood of continuation of such conduct, etc.
Please mark “yes” on the application question that asks if additional materials are required. Failure to attach all additional materials listed below may result in a delay in application processing.
$26,388-$34,884+/negotiable depending on qualifications.
- Standard office conditions
- Repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation
- Use of manual dexterity
- Some weekend, evening and holiday work
- Possible interstate/intrastate travel
- 3 work references with their contact information; at least one reference should be from a supervisor
- Letter of interest.