NOTE: IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST COMPLETE AN APPLICATION ON THE EXTERNAL WEBSITE:
Click on the green “Apply Externally” button.
Provide detailed analysis of GNSS data collected by multiple receiver types to support assessment of GNSS signals and system performance.
- Perform analysis of GNSS observation and navigation data using established algorithms. Independently developing new algorithms using Python / C++ software development and scripting as required to satisfy analysis objectives.
- Provide assistance with technical analyses to peer employees and student employees.
- Document progress and completion of work.
- Assist software development team with algorithm implementation. Participate in project reviews and technical interface meetings to present analysis results to sponsors and other external organizations. Identify future analytical software and hardware resource requirements. Assist with data archive organization and maintenance. Further develop knowledge of GNSS and related domains through technical literature.
- Other related functions as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer and information science or other applied sciences. Experience in a professional work environment or substantiative/directly related experiences as part of graduate research or internship/Co-op. Applicant must have a dynamic skill set, willing to work with new technologies, be highly organized and capable of planning and coordinating multiple tasks and managing their time. The position will require attention to detail, effective problem solving skills and excellent judgment. Ability to work independently with sensitive and confidential information, maintain a professional demeanor, work as a team member without daily supervision and effectively communicate with diverse groups of clients. Able to work under pressure and accept supervision. Regular and punctual attendance.
US Citizen. Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information at the level appropriate to the project requirements of the position.
Master’s degree in engineering. Three or more years of directly applicable work or research experience. Experience manipulating GNSS observation and navigation data. Experience with software based receivers. Knowledge of GNSS systems, signal structure, and data types. Knowledge of statistical characterization of data sets. Detailed knowledge of GNSS as-broadcast navigation data. Experience with C++ including object oriented implementation. Experience with working with Python and bash. Experience with the GPS Toolkit (GPSTk). Eligibility for immediate access to classified information. Ability to work both independently and with a team of diverse members. Experience with terminal-based UNIX/Linux environment. Work experience with software configuration management processes, e.g. Git, CVS, Perforce. Cumulative GPA of 3.0.
An agency designated by the federal government handles the investigation as to the requirement for eligibility for access to classified information. Factors considered during this investigation include but are not limited to allegiance to the United States, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations, drug involvement, the likelihood of continuation of such conduct, etc.
Please mark “yes” on the application question that asks if additional materials are required. Failure to attach all additional materials listed below may result in a delay in application processing.
$69,500-$80,000+/negotiable depending on qualifications.
- May work around standard office conditions.
- Repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation..
- Use of manual dexterity.
- Some weekend, evening and holiday work.
- Possible intrastate/interstate travel.
- 3 work references with their contact information; at least one reference should be from a supervisor
- Letter of interest
- Unofficial college transcript