NOTE: IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST COMPLETE AN APPLICATION ON THE EXTERNAL WEBSITE:
Click on the green “Apply Externally” button.
Technical support of the ESL Engineering Team
- Electrical fabrication and assembly, maintenance, refurbishment and repair of acquisition systems and support hardware.
- Perform testing and calibration of components, subassemblies, and systems.
- Perform sea tests offshore to include deployment/recovery of systems while utilizing offshore machinery. Provide general support on vessel as needed. Support vessel mobilization and demobilization efforts.
- Assist with preparations for offsite operations. This is to include the inspection, preparation, loading, unloading, cleaning, and maintenance of systems and associated hardware/equipment.
- Maintenance of designated support area(s) and the preventative maintenance of oceanographic hardware.
- Documentation support. Procurement and tracking of inventory.
- Training of students and other junior staff as required.
- Other related functions as assigned.
High school graduation or GED. At least four years of experience in an electronics-related technical trade. Demonstrated ability in the operation of electronics instrumentation. Demonstrated ability in interpreting manuals/schematics. Experience in the use of basic hand and bench tools such as, multi-meters, oscilloscopes, and function generators. Demonstrated skills in the use of advanced soldering equipment for both through hole and surface mount applications. Experienced with basic shop chemicals and understands the use of corresponding personal protection equipment (PPE). Computer skills using MS Word and MS Excel. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
US Citizen: Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information at the level appropriate to the project requirements of the position.
Associates of Applied Science in Electronics or certificate in a related field. Seven to 10 years of work experience in an electronics-related technical trade. Demonstrated experience working with board level soldering/repair of circuit boards with both through hole and surface mount applications. Demonstrated experience with utilizing electrical schematics and manuals. Electrical and/or mechanical CAD experience. Demonstrated experience with specialized electrical hand and bench tools. Demonstrated experience in operating electronic test equipment such as oscilloscopes, powers supplies, function generators, and signal analyzers. Experience with molding components and encapsulation. Experience working with SDS/MSDS with shop chemicals and corresponding PPE. Diagnostic and repair experience of electrical systems.
An agency designated by the federal government handles the investigation as to the requirement for eligibility for access to classified information. Factors considered during this investigation include but are not limited to allegiance to the United States, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations, drug involvement, the likelihood of continuation of such conduct, etc.
Please mark “yes” on the application question that asks if additional materials are required. Failure to attach all additional materials listed below may result in a delay in application processing.
$31,116-$48,612+/negotiable depending on qualifications
- Exposure to all weather conditions.
- Exposure to extreme temperatures.
- Use of PPE.
- May work around chemicals.
- May work around chemical fumes.
- May work around electrical and mechanical hazards.
- Use of manual dexterity.
- Climbing of stairs.
- Climbing of extension ladders.
- Work around overhead lifts and cranes.
- Electronic lab and machine shop conditions.
- Some weekend, evening and holiday work.
- Will work outdoors, indoors and over water (i.e. barges, ships at sea and piers).
- Will work offshore on ships.
- Occasional intrastate, interstate and international travel.
- Will be exposed to high levels of noise at times.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- 3 work references with their contact information; at least one reference should be from a supervisor
- Letter of interest