The Black Hills Office of Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA) is seeking a temporary full-time mechanical engineering intern to start immediately in Rapid City. The successful applicant will be capable of building detailed solid models and communicating status and assumptions clearly with a team of simulation-based-design engineers.
- Work with the fast-paced finite element modeling team to understand needs and goals of the work
- Read and interpret complex mechanical drawings
- Construct detailed 3D solid models of each part / assembly from mechanical drawings
- Clearly communicate status and document assumptions
- Proficiency with SolidWorks or equivalent solid modeling software tool
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to communicate highly technical problems on multiple complexity levels
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information, including US citizenship.
Significant progress toward B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or related field