If you want to accelerate your career growth and are passionate about applying your expertise to solve problems then we have the job you are looking for. Not only will you be able to achieve your personal and professional goals but you will do it in an environment that emphasizes and rewards the entrepreneurial spirit. As the ARA Senior Instructor for Precision Point Mensuration (PPM) you will work as a member of the Offutt AFB training team. You will be part of a unique team focused on developing the next generation of United States Air Force Targeteers, and as a certified PPM Instructor, you will develop the student’s analytical and critical thinking skills for real-world contingency operations.
As an ARA Instructor, you will also evaluate student proficiency, compile and analyze student feedback, and provide senior leaders with recommendations regarding curriculum and course material improvements. You will incorporate feedback and lessons-learned into future course materials to continuously improve the quality of instruction.
The position is temporary from 2 Nov 2020 – 16 Aug 2021, and contingent on acceptance by the Prime and Client.
This offer is contingent upon contract award and in certain cases approval of your qualifications for the position by the Prime contractor and the government agency.
As a Journeyman Precise Point Mensuration (PPM) Instructor, you will be responsible for:
- Developing instructional materials, tests, and learning exercises
- Providing instruction compliant with CJCSI 3370.01B standards and AF unit best practices
- Developing course material related to approved processes and procedures
- Conducting training for intelligence writing and structured analysis
- Teaching students to identify targets, manipulate and enhance GEOINT data to improve stereo-measurements, and point-mensuration (DPPDB, image registration, multi-image geo-positioning)
Journeyman Precise Point Mensuration (PPM) Instructor Required Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3-10 years work experience
- Minimum 5 years point mensuration related experience
- Minimum 2 years instructor experience
- Meet prerequisites to become a certified analyst for deriving precise mensurated coordinates
- Current TS with SCI eligibility
Journeyman Precise Point Mensuration (PPM) Instructor Desired Experience:
- Air Force/DIA-equivalent instructor certification highly desired
- Familiarity with CJCSI 3370.01B standards, CCMD instructions, AF unit practices and weapon system capabilities
- Experience in or supporting operational environment
- In this position, you may be required to travel 2-3 times per year, for 2 weeks at a time to various CONUS locations.
Applied Research Associates, Inc. is an employee-owned international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. The company, founded in Albuquerque, NM, in 1979, currently employs over 1,500 professionals and continues to grow. ARA offices throughout the United States and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense technologies, civil technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement. The corporation also provides sophisticated technical products for environmental site characterization, pavement analysis, and robotics.
While this is all of the Year One and Beyond stuff, Day One is highly impressive too. These are things like our competitive salary (DOE), Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), benefits package, relocation opportunities, and a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. The corporation realizes that employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels.
ARA is passionate about inclusion and diversity in our workplace. In 2018 40% of our new employees voluntarily self-identified as protected veterans. (Source-AAP EOY 2018 Veterans Data Collection Report). Additionally, the Southeast Division looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes ARA such a great place to work. Some of the social impact aspects we have implemented at our division include monthly get-togethers, team outings to local baseball games in the summer, board game lunches, holiday party, corn hole tournaments, chili cook-offs and so on. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women in order to maximize career and professional accomplishments. For additional information and an opportunity to join this unique workplace, please apply at careers.ara.com.