Virtual Heroes/ARA is looking for an exceptionally skilled 3D artist to work on our development team. The ideal candidate has extensive experience designing, modeling, and texturing a diverse visual range of in-game, real-time environments and props, as well as animating humans, machinery, and weapons. This person has a solid grasp of form, color, and lighting for both 2D and 3D art assets, as well as a solid grasp of the principles of animation to help bring our applications to life.
3D Artist / Animator Requirements:
- Candidates selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- BS in Game Art and Modeling along with 2-4 years’ experience in game development OR 8-10 years’ of experience in lieu of a degree
- Experience with 3D modeling and texturing
- Experience animating the human bipedal figure, as well as other organic forms
- An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps of different material types
- A thorough understanding of animation pipelines and the processes involved from the conceptual phase to implementation
- Able to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers
- Self-motivation, good communications skills, and a great team-player attitude
- A passion for video games
3D Artist / Animator Required Application Materials:
- Resume with link to portfolio site
- Cover Letter stating why you are interested in working at Virtual Heroes/ARA
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered
3D Artist / Animator Preferences:
- Have shipped PC or console titles as a 3D Artist or Character Animator
- Experience with the creation of next-gen shaders and materials
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts including, but not limited to, figure drawing and environmental and/or architectural illustration
- Experience in cinematography, video editing, and story board creation
- Understanding of Unreal Engine 4 and a passion to apply it to solving real-world training and simulation challenges
At Virtual Heroes, we leverage simulation and digital-games-based paradigms to create applications that teach critical skills. As a division of Applied Research Associates (ARA), we work with scientists and engineers of many disciplines and diverse backgrounds to enhance the creativity and innovation of the mission-critical solutions we provide to our customers.
ARA is an employee-owned international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems. Founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979, ARA currently employs over 1200 professionals and is rapidly growing. Our culture supports our exceptional staff of valued employees and encourages professional growth through continued higher education, participation and publication at technical conferences, and membership in professional organizations. As an ARA employee you are encouraged to generate new ideas and bring those ideas to life. ARA offers competitive salaries (DOE) and outstanding benefits including stock ownership, medical and dental coverage, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, a 401(k) profit-sharing plan, and annual bonuses. For additional information and an opportunity to join this unique workplace, please visit our website at http://careers.ara.com.