Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. Our innovations make possible™ the technology shaping the future. To achieve this, we employ some of the best, brightest, and most talented people in the world who work together as part of a winning team.
Join us in driving true breakthroughs in science and engineering, while working for a company that is invested in your success. We offer lots of opportunities for personal and professional growth and a generous tuition assistance program that reimburses up to $8,500 a year!
Team Overview and Opportunities
Applied Materials’ Analytical Metrology Team is looking for an Electron Microscopy Technician to sample, troubleshoot, and analyze processes used during wafer experimentation. We have an established legacy and an experienced team of multi-disciplinary, world-class professionals working in a highly collaborative atmosphere. You will play a key role in the development of Applied Materials’ next-generation control solutions to enable higher precision, throughput, and coordination. We are seeking individuals to fill the following roles:
- FIB Technician: Performs necessary work for the customers, following detailed instruction to produce electron transparent Si device sample for TEM imaging, utilizing Duel Beam Focused Ion Microscope. Utilize various techniques and tools in a fast-paced team environment that is constantly growing and expanding its knowledge base.
- TEM Technician: Collaborate with internal BU process engineers to troubleshoot with front-tier advanced analysis. We offer opportunities for professional growth on Si device failure analysis, not limited within (S)TEM/FIB/SEM/PED/APT.
- SEM Technician: Operate scanning electron microscope (SEM) for cross section and top view or critical dimension (CD) or energy dispersive spectroscopy (EDS) analysis imaging, identify all of patterns of interest, determine optimized condition and provide best SEM images/accurate diagnostic information for process team.
You’ll work on systems that incorporate:
- Gas injection systems
- Scanning electron microscopes
- Focused Ion Beams
- Transmission electron microscopes
- Advanced control software
- Precision Optics
- High vacuum systems
- Earning an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering, or related field
- Has a good understanding of how related teams coordinate their efforts and resources to achieve objectives
- Exercises judgment, based on previous experience, practices and precedents, to identify and solve problems that arise with little or no precedent
- Impacts the effectiveness of own team and closely related teams
- Exchanges ideas and information effectively; uses tact and diplomacy when dealing with others