Looking to launch your career in Proposal Project Management?
As part of an industry-leading pursuit team, you will be an integral part in helping Aon win and retain new business through compelling proposals and presentations, partnering with our Commercial Risk account teams and project managers. We help clients achieve profit, growth, and continuity by delivering the best tailored and innovative risk solutions.
Recently voted one of the Best Employer for New Grads by Forbes, we are a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
This role falls under Aon’s Early Career Development program, known as Launch. The Launch program is a supplemental development program for recent college recruits to coach and develop future leaders of the firm. The 10-month development program begins every summer and includes in-person sessions, networking opportunities, self-study and global leader calls.
As a Proposal Specialist, your responsibilities will include:
- Assist project managers with proposals, presentations and developing customized content
- Partner with graphic designers to ensure proposals and presentations are visually impactful
- Develop a practical and working knowledge of Aon’s risk services (this includes, but is not limited to property, casualty, management liability, marine, and aviation brokerage and consulting)
What are we looking for?
We aim to recruit a diverse group of professionals who offer varying experiences, backgrounds and strengths to ensure we can continue to offer the most innovative solutions to our clients. Additionally, we take into consideration the following:
- Work or internship experience, more specifically with writing and editing
- Demonstrable background in the development of custom strategic content (leveraging strategic messaging/value propositions) and strong editing skills required
- Good judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meeting all deadlines
- Quick learners that are flexible and able to adapt in a growing group, working both independently and with a collaborative team mentality
- Client-focused, critical thinkers
- Problem-solver and relationship builder with effective communication
- Involvement in your community, extracurricular activities and leadership roles
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook required
Education & Application Information
Ideally seeking students pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in English, Creative Writing, or Communications, but will consider other majors if relevant experience. Applicants for this role should graduate between December 2020 – June 2021 and have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
Unrestricted U.S. work authorization is required for U.S. office locations. We do not offer sponsorship for this position – CPT and OPT are restricted forms of work authorization.
Our Colleague Experience
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Visit us on IG @AonEarlyCareers to learn more about our culture and hear from our colleagues!
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.