Named an AJC’s Top Workplace in 2021, AnswerRocket is the leader in AI-powered analytics, disrupting the large Business Intelligence global solutions market. Our self-service analytics platform combines machine learning with natural language generation to enable better decisions faster for business users. As the Data Science Application Developer working cross-functionally with our Product and Services Team, you’ll be focused on delivery of new data insights, initially for the Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) and Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) domains. This role will engage with customers to understand and formulate business requirements, validate associated statistical/ML designs, and implement the agreed approach as modules within AnswerRocket.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Collaborate with our customers on CPG / FMCG data analytics problems like Churn Analysis, Growth Contribution Analysis, Market Share Forecasting, Anomaly Detection, etc
- Understand our customer’s business in depth, propose, support and challenge strategic options, build state-of-the-art tools, and compose a product roadmap for high ROI
- Design actionable, data-driven recommendations to internal and external stakeholders
- Serve as the leader for the ideation, development, and support of strategic initiatives including statistical modeling and advanced analytics within the team
- Join client engagements to create requirement specifications and follow-through, as part of the product development team, to code and release new application modules
- Train consulting and sales teams to understand the capabilities of data science and know when to engage you for specific types of problems that can deliver high returns for our customers
- Educate customers on the uses of new modules and help support their team’s knowledge and ability to diagnose and solve related issues
- Manage peer relationships within customer organizations to remain in lock-step from requirements gathering, to initial feedback and finally through acceptance testing for delivery
- Oversee the roadmap of Data Science Modules so that each new effort complements prior modules
- Measure value of solutions delivered, efficiency of the design and build process, and personal growth with AnswerRocket
- Note: This role is open to candidates located in Atlanta, GA and/or remote nationwide
We are looking for people who:
- Come with 5+ years of demonstrated experience building software for Data Science applications, preferably in the CPG domain
- Have a strong understanding of data cleansing, benchmarks, probabilities, churn, enterprise reporting, outliers / anomalies, etc
- Are experienced in common languages and visual frameworks that are used for data analysis (ie Languages: Python, R, SaS; frameworks: Matplotlib, D3 and more)
- Possess Intermediate to advanced knowledge of common data science software development environments
- Are familiar with databases, software optimization, and other related foundational skills
- Can convey technical content to non-technical audiences both in person and in written form
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and possess the appropriate skills to “fill in the blanks” when not all facts are available
- Are data-driven, intellectually curious, and are a clear communicator
- Have an ability to drive projects end-to-end with minimal guidance/oversight, with a history of producing high-quality output that provide actionable, business-focused insights and recommendations
- Hold a bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in a relevant discipline (ie Math, Computer Science, Engineering, etc)
- Embody the Core Values of our team members as listed below
Benefits and perks:
- Competitive salary with top-notch health, dental and vision coverage
- 401K, Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Generous PTO plus standard national holidays
- Paid parental leave for new parents
- Flexible and remote working arrangements
- Virtual team events to stay connected
- Limitless opportunities for career development
- Company-wide and individual goal setting each quarter where success is recognized and rewarded
- Self-funded, stable startup with an approachable leadership team
- Our People (or “Rocketeers” as we say) are the best part about working at AnswerRocket!
The Rocketeer core values:
- Innovation – We are tenacious in creating solutions to deliver value to our customers
- Curiosity – We believe questions lead to insights and learning is half the fun
- Courage – We lead at all levels and strive to do the right thing
- Teamwork – We respect each other and rally to achieve bigger wins
Who we are
Founded in 2013 by successful tech entrepreneurs, AnswerRocket’s mission has always been to make data analysis easy. As a founder-owned and founder-led startup in Atlanta, GA, AnswerRocket has been growing at a stellar pace in every measure: revenues, people, innovation and customers. We’re proud to regularly be recognized for product and company culture achievements. We’ve recently been named a Cool Vendor in analytics by Gartner, as well as, been awarded a Top Workplace two years in a row by the Atlanta-Journal Constitution.
Come as you are
At AnswerRocket, we’re building a better way to work, fueled by collaboration, transparency and inclusion of people from different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. If you’re passionate about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we still encourage you to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and a supportive place to work.
Our team consists of a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and experiences—oh and everyone’s really nice. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative, creative environment with an opportunity to contribute to something big. We don’t hire culture fits, but rather, those who can add to our culture. We want your individuality and differences to make AnswerRocket better and stronger. We seek dreamers, doers, and disruptors to help transform the way businesses make data-driven decisions every day.
Our people mean everything, so come do the best work of your life here at AnswerRocket.
To all recruitment agencies: AnswerRocket does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please do not submit resumes through our career pages or to AnswerRocket employees. AnswerRocket is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
COVID-19 Statement: Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via video conferencing. After the pandemic, some positions may continue as remote, while others may temporarily work remote now until it is safe to return to our office.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at jobs(at)answerrocket.com.