Spring 2021 Internship Description
Annie’s List is now accepting applications for paid Spring 2021 virtual internships from February 1 – May 14. Intern for the most effective political organization in Texas and make your political impact! In your cover letter, please explain why you would like to intern for Annie’s List and which department you prefer. https://annieslist.com/programs/intern-program/
Annie’s List is a political action committee whose vision is to achieve equality for women by changing the face of power in Texas. We do this by recruiting, training, and electing progressive, pro-choice women who are dedicated to advancing the self-determination, health, safety and financial security of Texas women and their families.
Annie’s List promotes a progressive agenda that:
- Protects access to a full range of sexual and reproductive health care for all.
- Provides affordable and accessible health care for all Texas families.
- Advances the inclusion and protection of marginalized and disenfranchised Texans in all aspects of public life.
- Creates equitable economic opportunities, wages and working conditions for all.
- Prevents violence against women and children and assists survivors.
- Supports high quality and accessible public education for all children, pre-K through college.
Annie’s List offers paid positions for young leaders enrolled in college through our internship program. Each semester we interview and hire four to six college students who are interested in the political process and creating better government to work with our team. Our interns have gone on to attend Annie’s List Campaign School, work on campaigns of our endorsed candidates around the state, join the Annie’s List staff, and hold key positions in the Texas Capitol.
Strong candidates have a demonstrated commitment to Annie’s List mission and values, relevant work experience, strong writing skills, comfort using google platforms and the energy/flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment.
All Annie’s List interns work to support our mission through one of our five departments: programs, communications, development, political, and executive.
Programs Intern: learn how to plan and deliver meaningful support to candidates and their staff.
– Help identify strategic training locations and local partners
– Assist in recruiting attendees for candidate trainings
– Plan event logistics and contribute to delivery and evaluation of trainings
Communications Intern: learn how to build a political brand, develop engaging content and support fundraising and events.
– Assist in tracking press relevant to Annie’s List candidates and issues
– Monitor media for Annie’s List media mentions
– Research and draft copy for social media content, emails, press releases, and website
Development Intern: learn how to research, engage and thank political donors in support of your mission.
– Support fundraising event preparation and delivery
– Conduct donor research and update database and spreadsheets
– Prepare mailings and solicitations
Political Intern: learn how to research for political races and give candidates the support they need to win.
– Reach out to potential supporters for Annie’s List candidates
– Learn software pertinent to progressive campaigns (NGP & VAN)
– Conduct political research
Operations Intern: learn how to manage the business side of an organization
– Work closely with the Operations Director
– Assist with the day to day of a small business
-Learn how to oversee a budget and increase efficiency
In addition to these primary tasks, interns will also be called on to help with tasks for other departments as needed. Interns will not only get a sense of what it takes to elect women in Texas, but also have the option to participate in career development opportunities, such as resume/cover letter writing workshops, networking workshops, and panels tailored to the current interns’ interests.