We are currently seeking a Senior Aerospace Systems Engineer for our Denver, CO location. The successful candidate will be responsible for various multi-disciplinary engineering tasks and task/project management related to spacecraft, space mission design, and software development. To support a growing office, the position will require responsibilities that engage a very wide breadth of activities across subject matter. The ability to multi-task between multiple, unrelated tasks/projects is as desirable as the engineering work. Given the wide range of potential analysis activities, breadth of experience and a proven aptitude and desire to learn new subjects is given preference to depth in any particular area. Candidates are required to have excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Nuclear Engineering. Advanced degrees are a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of applicable work-related experience, 10+ years desired. Advanced degrees may count as 2 years of experience
- Experience in task/project management, leading small teams and mentoring junior engineers
- Strong systems engineering background. Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) experience is a plus
- Knowledge of various spacecraft subsystems, e.g., structures, thermal, GN&C, power, avionics, propulsion, etc.
- Experience with software development required. MATLAB and Python experience desired
- Software architecture development desired, including experience with object-oriented development
- Ability to interface successfully with customers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to dynamic work requirements and learn new disciplines
- Knowledge of contemporary civil, i.e., NASA, mission concepts is a plus
- Knowledge or experience with nuclear systems, e.g., radiation analysis, is a plus, but not required
US citizenship is required per ITAR
AMA is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws.