Our Infrastructure Team is directly involved in every aspect of Amigos. From planning and organizing community water systems that unite mission groups and community members, to constructing modern bathrooms and clean air kitchens, the Infrastructure Intern will work alongside our Engineers, Architects and Masons to help facilitate life transformation.
The Intern will help create meaningful experiences for group members to get to know the behind the scenes heroes of the Infrastructure team. Opportunities from helping to create schematics for water systems, designing schools and comedors, to building dignified bathrooms for families with your own hands will ensure a meaningful experience for the Infrastructure Intern.
- Assist in logistics, designing, budgeting and planning for all infrastructure projects
- Collaborate with engineers on current and upcoming projects
- Support coordination of movement of materials to work sites
- Interact and develop meaningful relationships with community families when projects are implemented
- Involve week long group members in Infrastructure projects when available
Life In Nicaragua:
You will have the time of your life! Each Amigos intern will focus on two primary objectives: Cultural Integration and Connection. True life transformation happens when we can invest in both Amigos and local Nicaraguan communities. You’ll be embraced into the Amigos family at work, but we want to make sure that you’re flourishing outside of work as well. So, that’s exactly why your experience will be tailored to plug you directly into both the Amigos and Nicaraguan community life. The following opportunities are our invitation into these two big goals:
- Homestay Program:
Amigos provides housing for each intern through our Homestay program. Interns will be paired with other members of the Intern team and connected with a family where they will share a room and a bathroom. Each Homestay will provide the opportunity to integrate fully while sharing a living space, meals, excursions and language immersion.
- Language School:
Amigos partners with Casa Xalteva in Granada, Nicaragua where Interns will spend one week in small group language classes, guided excursions, and will be connected with Granada based Homestays.
Interns will be expected to:
- Cover the costs of airfare, $350 Language School Fee, and any additional spending money (some weekend meals and anything else you might want to buy when you’re in Nicaragua)
- Bilingual: English/Spanish Preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of college completed
- Leadership Experience
- Spiritual & emotional maturity
- Self-starter, creative thinker & team player
- Adaptability – must be able to work in a fluid environment
- Ability to connect with a variety of people utilizing strong relational skills
Volunteer (unpaid) / 12 weeks, 480-hour position