On the Communications & Marketing Team, Interns will utilize multiple media outlets to highlight bright spots and stories of success. Interns will capture the progress of our project areas, always seeking to make Christ more visible by celebrating and sharing the success of the intercultural Amigos family.
- Discover stories of impact to share with the Amigos family by connecting with staff and community members.
- Collaborate with full-time staff to interview, collect, and creatively document stories highlighting outcomes of the five project areas: Leadership, Economic Development, Health, Education, and Water
**Please include a sample essay that would best exemplify your best work of creative writing in English and Spanish.
Life In Nicaragua:
You will have the time of your life! Each Amigos intern will focus on two primary objectives: Cultural Integration and Connection. True life transformation happens when we can invest in both Amigos and local Nicaraguan communities. You’ll be embraced into the Amigos family at work, but we want to make sure that you’re flourishing outside of work as well. So, that’s exactly why your experience will be tailored to plug you directly into both the Amigos and Nicaraguan community life. The following opportunities are our invitation into these two big goals:
- Homestay Program:
Amigos provides housing for each intern through our Homestay program. Interns will be paired with other members of the Intern team and connected with a family where they will share a room and a bathroom. Each Homestay will provide the opportunity to integrate fully while sharing a living space, meals, excursions and language immersion.
- Language School:
Amigos partners with Casa Xalteva in Granada, Nicaragua where Interns will spend one week in small group language classes, guided excursions, and will be connected with Granada based Homestays.
Interns will be expected to:
- Cover the costs of airfare, $350 Language School Fee, and any additional spending money (some weekend meals and anything else you might want to buy when you’re in Nicaragua)
- Bilingual: English/Spanish
- Minimum of 2 years of college completed
- Leadership Experience
- Spiritual & emotional maturity
- Self-starter, creative thinker & team player
- Adaptability – must be able to work in a fluid environment
- Ability to connect with a variety of people utilizing strong relational skills
Volunteer (unpaid) / 12 weeks, 480-hour position