Our agricultural development interns will help execute the farming strategies and tactics utilized to increase the daily income of families living in rural Nicaragua. Interns will be involved with all our farm development initiatives on both the Amigos for Christ farms and community farms.
- Build meaningful relationships with members of the farm development initiatives and projects
- Support in planning, preparation, and execution of farming projects
- Accompany farm team members to visit and evaluate both Amigos and community farms
- Assist with all farm activities: planting, pruning, harvesting, irrigation systems, plant nursery, compost production, care and feeding of pigs
Life In Nicaragua:
You will have the time of your life! Each Amigos intern will focus on two primary objectives: Cultural Integration and Connection. True life transformation happens when we can invest in both Amigos and local Nicaraguan communities. You’ll be embraced into the Amigos family at work, but we want to make sure that you’re flourishing outside of work as well. So, that’s exactly why your experience will be tailored to plug you directly into both the Amigos and Nicaraguan community life. The following opportunities are our invitation into these two big goals:
- Homestay Program:
Amigos provides housing for each intern through our Homestay program. Interns will be paired with other members of the Intern team and connected with a family where they will share a room and a bathroom. Each Homestay will provide the opportunity to integrate fully while sharing a living space, meals, excursions and language immersion.
- Language School:
Amigos partners with Casa Xalteva in Granada, Nicaragua where Interns will spend one week in small group language classes, guided excursions, and will be connected with Granada based Homestays.
Interns will be expected to:
- Cover the costs of airfare, $350 Language School Fee, and any additional spending money (some weekend meals and anything else you might want to buy when you’re in Nicaragua)
- Minimum of 2 years of college completed
- Leadership Experience
- Spiritual & emotional maturity
- Self-starter, creative thinker & team player
- Adaptability – must be able to work in a fluid environment
- Ability to connect with a variety of people utilizing strong relational skills
Volunteer (unpaid) / 12 weeks, 480-hour position