Join Ames Community School District, where your journey matters! ACSD promotes an educational environment that is racially, ethnically, linguistically, and culturally diverse to broaden students’ academic experience and to enrich our District. We are focused on creating and supporting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion within the organizational culture and in our community.
Ames CSD is seeking Summer School Teachers for the 2021 summer school program.
The mission of the Ames Community School District is to ensure that all learners develop the knowledge, skills, attitudes, values, and personal esteem necessary to grow in and shape a changing society.
Empower programming will focus on supporting and reinforcing academic content with an emphasis on literacy, math, and executive functioning skills. This program will be held from June 14-July 22. It will meet Monday- Thursday for six consecutive weeks. Teacher hours for Empowerment will likely be 7:30am-12:00pm. Students will be onsite from 8:00am-11:15am.
Teachers will be paid at the rate of twenty-seven and no/100 dollars ($27.00) per hour.
The summer school teacher facilitates student success and growth in academic and interpersonal skills through implementing the approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; addressing specific educational needs of individual students and by creating a flexible, safe and optimal learning environment; and providing feedback to students and parents regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc., while ensuring instruction is aligned to the District’s commitment to equity and access that empowers every individual to reach their full personal and education potential.
Instructional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Structures a physical classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Establishes efficient classroom management procedures.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student’s needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Provides a variety of planned learning experiences using a variety of instructional techniques in order to motivate students and best utilize time for instruction.
- Coordinates with other professional staff members, to evaluate and assess curriculum, and participates in meetings.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with building and District staff.
- Creates a sense of belonging and a welcoming environment for all students and staff.
- Engages in faculty meetings and committees.
- Follows and abides by District policies.
- Attends work on a consistent and punctual basis.
Adjunct Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs basic attendance, accounting and administrative tasks as required.
- Observes the designated work hours.
- Attends school and District training if applicable.
- Performs supervision as needed.
- Assumes the responsibility for written lesson plans and substitutes.
- Plans and coordinates the work of aides and other educational assistants and student teachers (when applicable).
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Elementary Education or related discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
- Ability to pass a background check required.
The successful candidate will exhibit:
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiates instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others in the work environment.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance.
Candidates, please follow the link to apply online: https://www.applitrack.com/amesk12/OnlineApp/JobPostings/View.asp?AppliTrackJobId=539
All employees of the Ames Community School District must pass a background check. ACSD is an E-Verify employer.
To learn more about the Ames Community School District, visit our websites:
It is the policy of the Ames Community School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, creed, age (for employment), marital status (for programs), sexual orientation, gender identity and socioeconomic status (for programs) in its educational programs and its employment practices. There is a grievance procedure for processing complaints of discrimination. If you have questions or a grievance related to this policy please contact Kristin Johnson, Human Resources Director, email@example.com, District Offices, 2005 24th St. Ames, IA 50010, (515) 268-6610.