At Ameritas, fulfilling life is what we do daily. We continuously strive to help our customers and employees enjoy life at its very best by reducing uncertainty, helping grow assets and protecting what is most cherished. We’re here to help people put worry behind and the future ahead and help enable a life that’s rich in family, happiness, health and financial security. When lives are fulfilled, our mission is fulfilled.
Ameritas is looking for an Intern -Sales Development to drive the business by Administering, conducting, and coordinating support for Individual’s technical offerings, applications and related services offered by or through the Sales Team (External and Internal Wholesalers) to accelerate sales results. Primary support focus on updating sales Opportunities as they move through the sales cycle. Sales Intern will provide secondary support in other sales activities including (but not limited to) proposal generation, sales tools (Salesforce.com, producer workbench, etc.) and other sales activities. This role will only have direct contact with our Internal Team and NO interaction with outside parties (no license required). Excellent opportunity for a student pursuing a CFP.
Position will begin in May 2021.
Essential Job Functions
- Update sales Opportunities as they move through the sales cycle.
- Generate sales illustrations and reports from Salesforce and Producer Workbench.
Sales Prospecting Support
- Support the internal sales team on sales related activity.
- Order marketing material and put together kits for Regional Managers and External Wholesalers.
- Edit PowerPoint presentations as needed.
- Provide sales reports for our team to create proactive sales strategies.
- Collaborate with sales management and sales admin to generate sales reports for senior leadership.
- Participate on Sales Meetings.
- A current Sophomore or Junior pursuing a four-year college degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Able to work approx 15 hours a week during school and full time in summer months.
- Superior analytical and organization skills, ability to meet deadlines and attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills, conflict resolution skills and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in website utilization
- Word processing, Spreadsheet, PowerPoint required
- Knowledge of data security and security best practices
- Knowledge of various browser settings including Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome and Safari
- The ability to work with others in a multi-location business environment
- Knowledge of email services such as Lotus Notes and/or Outlook
- Experience with Salesforce.com helpful
We are Ameritas: proud to say we’re in the business of fulfilling life.