Calling accounting students! Want an internship experience working in investment accounting? Check this one out!
At Ameritas, fulfilling life is what we do daily. We continuously strive to help our customers and employees enjoy life at its very best by reducing uncertainty, helping grow assets and protecting what is most cherished. We’re here to help people put worry behind and the future ahead and help enable a life that’s rich in family, happiness, health and financial security. When lives are fulfilled, our mission is fulfilled.
The Investment Accounting Intern will be responsible for creating accounting journals, reporting and special projects to support the Investment Accounting team. Ideal candidate would be on an Accounting track.
This position would begin in May 2021 and is a year round internship for a student who can commit to 15-30 hours a week.
- Create monthly and quarterly accounting entries for routine transactions
- Enter and confirm derivative trade activity for options, futures and swaps
- Assist with e-transactions for commercial mortgage loans
- Assist in the reporting for special projects
- Assist in the testing and implementation of process changes for greater automation
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Working towards Accounting degree at a Sophomore or Junior status.
- Consistently demonstrates initiative and a professional, self-directed approach to responsibilities and an ability to meet deadlines.
- Accepts additional projects and responsibilities as assigned. Demonstrates the ability to deal with pressure to meet deadlines, to be accurate, and to handle constantly changing situations.
- Proven ability to work well and proactively communicate with various levels of management within the organization
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Keen analytical skills and proven ability to develop effective financial analysis
- Strong PC skills