Great opportunity to intern in Data Analytics!
At Ameritas, fulfilling life is what we do daily. We continuously strive to help our customers and employees enjoy life at its very best by reducing uncertainty, helping grow assets and protecting what is most cherished. We’re here to help people put worry behind and the future ahead and help enable a life that’s rich in family, happiness, health and financial security. When lives are fulfilled, our mission is fulfilled.
Ameritas Life Insurance Corp is seeking a Data Analytics Intern to drive the business by performing statistical data analysis, data mining, and optimizations using multiple tools and techniques to provide insights for the various line of business at Ameritas.
This intern role is an exciting opportunity to receive exposure to a diverse range of IT skills/experiences.
Essential Job Functions
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Develop predictive models that help achieve business targets using R, Python
- Develop visualizations and reports that can drive the story of the data analysis.
- Develop and implement new multivariate methodologies to solve practical business problems.
- Find patterns and insights in unstructured data
- Employ advanced data modeling and forecasting techniques to explore strategic business opportunities and to prescribe actionable recommendations to leverage those opportunities.
- Must be actively enrolled in an IT or business degree program (associate or bachelor level will both be considered)
- Available work hours will fall between 8 am to 5 pm (Central Time) Monday-Friday. Candidate must be able to work 20 hours per week during the school year, flexing up to 30-40 hours per week during the summer months
- Proven ability to sift through data, identify critical information, develop hypotheses, perform rigorous analyses, and make recommendations to broader audiences.
- Understanding of statistical and predictive modeling concepts, machine-learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques, and recommendation and optimization algorithms
- Able to visualize and report insights creatively in variety of formats to various stakeholders
- Ability to follow industry best practices
- Ability to work with both business and IT partners
- Desire to research and learn new technologies and frameworks
- Demonstrated ability to use data to influence strategic decision making
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
We are Ameritas: proud to say we’re in the business of fulfilling life.