At Ameritas, fulfilling life is what we do daily. We continuously strive to help our customers and employees enjoy life at its very best by reducing uncertainty, helping grow assets and protecting what is most cherished. We’re here to help people put worry behind and the future ahead and help enable a life that’s rich in family, happiness, health and financial security. When lives are fulfilled, our mission is fulfilled.
Ameritas Life Insurance Corp is seeking an Audit Intern to gain experience in using general auditing procedures, including testing and documenting process controls and the ability to work with a diverse group of people. The Audit Intern performs audit steps to complete audit work programs with direct supervision. The Audit Intern will also work on administrative projects within the department or within the Company and will be assigned work in connection with the annual audit by the external auditors.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists audit staff in conducting reviews of assigned organizational and functional activities by evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of management controls.
- Completes detailed audit steps as assigned as part of organizational and functional audit reviews.
- Tests substantively as directed to determine if organizational units are performing their financial and operational control activities cost-effectively, and in accordance with Company and unit business plans and objectives.
- Prepares work papers documenting results of the tests, and with assistance, writes formal audit comments which identify and quantify the impact on business operations.
- With assistance, reports opportunities for improved efficiencies and controls to management and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Assists in the coordination and implementation of audit work for the external auditors.
- Completes other projects as assigned.
- Continues to develop professionally through self-study and on-the-job training, with emphasis on:Developing knowledge of and ability to apply appropriate auditing techniques, Information systems and accounting principles;
- Improving effective business communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrating the characteristics of a professional, both in attitude and conduct
- Undergraduate student working towards a degree with emphasis in Accounting, Information Systems Audit and Control, Business or related studies
- Internship will begin in October 2020 or May 2021
- Able to commit to a 20 hour work week.
- Intermediate computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, must be able to communicate well across all levels of the organization and work well with diverse groups of people;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to apply effective use of time management skills.
- Year round commmitment preferred, but not required