This position will serve as the loan analyst for commercial and/or agriculture credits. This will include loan analysis, preparing the credit analysis on loans presented to the loan committee and preparing annual reviews of credits.
1. Responsible for analyzing loan data on new, renewal and existing loans, including data provided by credit bureaus, other financial institutions and financial institution files.
2. Prepare spread sheets, reports, summaries and opinions for financial institution officer on new, renewal and existing loans.
3. Establish, review and update new and existing loan files for the bank on a regular basis.
4. Maintain control of the request, submission and receipt of financial statements from borrowers and prepare necessary analysis documentation.
5. Maintain a good working knowledge of the Bank’s lending policies and procedures and identify deviations from policy.
6. Provide technical advice or assistance to loan officers as needed.
7. As a part of the overall team of bank employees, this position may be requested to assist in back up and support of other bank activities.
8. Backup for Loan Officers, taking applications, credit references, collections, and collateral inspections.
9. Maintains and collects current information on technical exceptions, such as insurance, titles, financial statements, etc.
10. Complete all initial and annual training requirements as outlined by ASBT.
11. Perform all other duties as required, consistent with the goals, objectives and responsibilities of the lending function.
1. Bachelor’s degree or three to five years of related experience.
2. A working knowledge of collateral instruments (i.e. letter of credit, UCC filings, and personal/corporate guarantee).
3. Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
4. Team orientation.
5. Financial analysis software is a plus.
6. Ability to organize and prioritize and to meet deadlines.
1. Confidentiality and tactfulness in dealing with bank and customer information is mandatory.
2. Ability to conduct relationships with co-workers, customers, the community and the overall public in a manner which will enhance the bank’s image and comprehensive marketing effort.
3. Will be called upon from time to time to participate with community organizations and projects.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Some research may be involved which would require the employee to be mobile to access copy machines and various files located throughout the bank.