Assist in the development of all types of commercial loan accounts and relationships which meet established lending requirements and provide maximum profitability to the bank with a minimum of risk. Develop new account relationships for all areas of the bank, concentrating on commercial lending.
All of the below described responsibilities will be performed under the direction of the Commercial Loan Manager or Assistant Commercial Loan Manager:
1. Interview loan applicants and collect and analyze financial and related data to determine the general creditworthiness of the prospect and the merits of the specific loan request. Information may be obtained by direct inspection of the applicant’s business and/or collateral, review of interim financial reports and personal interview.
2. Establish and negotiate where necessary the terms under which credit will be extended, including the costs, repayment method and schedule and collateral requirements.
3. Originate appropriate loans based on authorization granted by the Board of Directors and serve as a Contact Officer on loans above the established limit(s).
4. Monitor loan repayment activities and take necessary action to collect from past due accounts.
5. Advise customers, where possible, on business management and financial matters.
6. Develop new business by contacting prospects and customers. Also, cross-sell bank services.
7. Develop material for and make loan presentations to the loan committee where required.
8. Participate in community affairs to increase the bank’s visibility and to enhance new business opportunities.
9. Serve as a contact for non-borrowing accounts and loan customers for matters relating to other bank services.
10. Undertake special projects relating to departmental services.
11. Be an active member of commercial lending department in initiating changes in structure and work procedures and systems that will accomplish bank development objectives more efficiently.
12. Become knowledgeable in the Small Business Administration and Bank of North Dakota Commercial Loan programs and existing financial institution residential lending programs
13. Complete all initial and annual training requirements as outlined by ASBT.
14. Perform all other duties as required, consistent with the goals, objectives and responsibilities of the lending function.
1. A bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related field.
2. 1 year or more experience with a financial institution lending department or comparable experience in another field.
3. General knowledge of accounting, finance and other financial institution practices and processes.
4. Good managerial, communication and sales skills required.
1. Confidentiality and tactfulness in dealing with bank and customer information is mandatory.
2. Ability to conduct relationships with co-workers, customers, the community and the overall public in a manner which will enhance the bank’s image and comprehensive marketing effort.
3. Will be called upon from time to time to participate with community organizations and projects.
4. Possible customer calls and credit functions may require employee to have a driver’s license. A bank vehicle may be provided for these purposes
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Some research may be involved which would require the employee to be mobile to access copy machines and various files located throughout the bank.