The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is seeking a PhD Researcher Intern for our 2021 Virtual Summer Internship Program. In light of the uncertainty of COVID-19, the 2021 Internship Program will be virtual to ensure the safety of our interns and staff. That means that interns will be working from their remote locations and will receive an AIR issued laptop to complete project work. The virtual summer program is a 10 –12-week paid internship that provides interns with various learning and networking opportunities intended to enhance their skillset and build lasting professional connections.
- Conduct literature reviews to support projects and proposals
- Assist staff in the review, identification and development of scholarly information describing research findings
- Participate in the collection, analysis, and review of research and evaluation data
- Develop spreadsheets and data bases to support project activities
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative research data and contribute to the reporting and interpretation of findings
- Currently seeking a Doctoral degree in such fields as economics, psychology, sociology, statistics, computer science, public policy, public health or other social science related fields.
- Experience with and / or knowledge of data collection and analysis methodologies and techniques, such as survey design, analysis of program administrative data, and conduct of structured interviews, observations, and focus groups
- Experience using statistical software programs such as R, SPSS, or Stata to analyze data – a plus (not required)
- Knowldege of the What Works Clearinghouse that is maintained through the U.S. Department of Education’s Institute for Education Science.
- Strong writing and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite or the equivalent (word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software)
Candidates must be eligible to work for our U.S. offices for the duration of the internship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
AIR adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks.