Internship Dates: Full Time for approximately 12 weeks (May – August 2021)
As an Environmental Health & Safety Intern, you will: Gain knowledge and understanding of the business through hands on activities, coaching, and projects. A few learning opportunities include:
- Conducting Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Assessments, authoring job hazard analysis, and ensure compliance of respiratory/fall protection
- Facilitating Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) orientations for new and existing employees, ensuring training(s) are current
- Performing weekly EHS reporting and injury follow-ups
- Leading with a high level of interpersonal tactfulness by verbalizing the needs of complex information such as Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) profiles
- Supporting and working alongside management on critical projects while fostering a culture of continuous learning as you bring fresh ideas to the table
- Working cross-functionally with strategic partners internally and externally to present data, while compelling a convincing message, encouraging buy in, and tracking the tasks to the plant’s accomplishments
- Managing special projects (as needed) throughout the summer; researching and presenting findings verbally and written in an aesthetically appealing way
- Must have completed your Junior year at a credited College or University
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Have the desire and ability to work well both independently and cross functionally
- Are willing to engage others through strong communication and leadership skills
- Are an inquisitive individual that has a desire to gain knowledge through experience
- Ability to perform all duties required in both office and manufacturing environments wearing proper PPE
- Have reliable transportation to and from working location
In return, at American Foods Group you will find a winning culture that will invest in you and your future. A few perks and experiences you will gain:
- Earning a competitive wage
- Provided housing at no cost to you
- The opportunity to become exposed and develop knowledge and skills associated with the food processing business.
- Thrive in a teamwork environment, honing interpersonal skills, and formulate potential career opportunities.
- Manage various projects throughout the internship that are specific to your declared discipline.
- Earn academic credits though a supervised educational internship (if applicable).
- Learn specifically about American Foods Group and gain real work experience that you cannot achieve in the classroom.
NOTE: This description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization; these duties are considered marginal.
For further questions and/or concerns, please contact email@example.com