American Century Investments® is a leading global asset manager with over 60 years of experience helping investors achieve their financial goals. Serving a broad client base including financial advisors, institutions and individual investors, we offer a wide range of investment strategies across a variety of investment disciplines.
Privately controlled and independent, we focus solely on investment management. This empowers us to align our decisions with client expectations and concentrate on their long-term money management needs.
We are committed to providing institutional-quality, actively managed solutions with a performance-centered approach. Our expertise spans global growth equity, global value equity, disciplined equity, multi-asset strategies, global fixed income, alternatives and ETFs.
For more information, please visit americancentury.com.
Are you seeking an opportunity to gain outstanding Corporate Communications experience with a reputable, employee-focused firm in KC?
As a Corporate Communications Intern you will work with a team of communications professionals to learn about our firm and the financial services industry. Your internship will include formal training and continuous learning and mentoring. Throughout the summer, you’ll apply that knowledge to real business projects.
In this internship, you will…
- Assist with the execution of internal communications and external media projects.
- Write compelling business and feature content/copy for both internal (employee) and external (traditional media) consumption.
- For internal-based projects, you will align with company branding and messaging goals, enabling employees to better understand how their work relates to the bigger picture. Your content will be published on our employee-facing intranet site.
- Assist with planning our editorial calendar.
- Help with proofing and editing content.
- For media project work, you will support coordinated marketing communications strategies, initiatives and programs for our various distribution channels (retail investors, financial intermediaries and global institutional clients).
- Help with the development and distribution of videos, photography and other imagery.
- Assist with tracking of both internal and external consumption of crafted content.
- Provide additional perspective and creativity to help produce the best outcomes.
Here are some attributes that we are looking for in our next intern:
- Model our Winning Behaviors: Client Focused, Courageous and Accountable, Collaborative, Curious and Adaptable, and Competitively Driven
- Ability to tell a story in a compelling way, (i.e. Why it’s important; How it relates to the bigger picture; What’s the human/compelling element)
- A keen eye for detail
- Confidence and resourcefulness to have your work edited
- Phenomenal teammate, which includes highly collaborative work AND ability to complete assignments independently
- Aptitude to learn a variety of intranet platforms and tools
Here’s what will make you standout:
- You are a current Sophomore, Junior or Senior undergraduate student, currently enrolled full-time and Majoring in Journalism, Communications, or a related field
- Strategic problem solver with excellent storytelling ability and oral communication skills
- Strong writer familiar with AP Style writing guidelines
- Ability to provide work samples that demonstrate your writing skills and creativity upon request
Here’s Why You Should Choose American Century Investments
- Our interns receive competitive pay, as well as 401(k) eligibility for contributions!
- We offer a Mentor Program: A designated mentor will be assigned to you during your time with us to provide career coaching and mentorship
- Housing assistance for any interns who join us with a permanent residence outside of the Kansas City Metro Area
- Access to Business Resource Groups that you can ally and participate with (Diversity, Women in Finance, LGBTQ+, Emerging Professionals, and more)
- Casual dress code
- A robust social and philanthropic calendar of events hosted just for interns!
- To ensure a safe and welcoming work environment for all employees, clients, and visitors, American Century Investments currently requires all U.S. based new hires to have submitted proof of having received the final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to the position start date unless they have obtained a reasonable accommodation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
American Century Investments believes all individuals are entitled to equal employment opportunity and advancement opportunities without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age for individuals forty years of age and older, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws. ACI does not discriminate or adopt any policy that discriminates against an individual or any group of individuals on any of these bases.
American Century Investment Services, Inc., Distributor.
©2019 American Century Proprietary Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved.