AltCap is a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) that invests in underestimated communities throughout the Kansas City metro. We deploy capital through innovative financing products, targeted small business and economic development programming, and partnerships that help build an inclusive ecosystem of entrepreneurship. Our service area encompasses the Kansas City region with a specific focus on Jackson, Clay, Platte, and Cass counties in Missouri and Wyandotte, Johnson, and Leavenworth counties in Kansas.
The Marketing Intern at AltCap will help advance the organization’s communications and outreach efforts. This internship offers the opportunity to obtain experience in strategic marketing, branding, and content development while gaining exposure to the daily operations of a high-performing economic development nonprofit organization.
The Marketing Intern will have an opportunity to interact with our community of borrowers, organizational partners, and stakeholders. We are looking for highly motivated, creative thinkers who are interested in being a part of a team and a movement in Kansas City.
• Work with the Advancement and External Affairs Officer to develop creative solutions to meet AltCap’s strategic goals;
• Develop written and multimedia content and campaigns for social media, ecomm, and the Stories blog;
• Create and utilize a network of social influencers and referral partners to increase organizational visibility;
• Assist with AltCap’s economic and community development programming/events;
• Research trends in content delivery, economic and community development, entrepreneurial/small business topics, and other topics as assigned;
• Pitch, draft, and distribute news releases, media alerts and other stories;
• Collaborate with staff on innovative ideas, directions, and channels for marketing and communications; and
• Other administrative responsibilities as assigned.
• Possess a strong commitment/interest in economic empowerment and investment in Kansas City’s
historically underestimated communities;
• Pursuing graduate or undergraduate degree in communications, marketing, business, liberal arts or a related degree with an urban, nonprofit, or public policy-related emphasis;
• Possess an awareness of and preferably involvement in community events;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Strong attention to detail and organization;
• Highly self-motivated and able to prioritize and meet deadlines for multiple projects;
• Proficient in social platforms and Microsoft Office;
• A high degree of professionalism in and outside of the office;
• Creativity and motivation to pursue innovative ideas; and
• Adventurous eater
AltCap’s Marketing Internship is a paid position. The Marketing Intern will work 20-30 hours per week during AltCap’s business hours (Monday-Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm). Some after-hours events may be required. School credit may be available depending on the requirements of your educational institution.
Please email a resume, cover letter describing your interest in AltCap and future plans, and 2-4 writing samples (can include pieces written for public consumption or academic papers related to AltCap’s mission, economic and community development or marketing topics) to Megan Crook, Advancement and External Affairs Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.
3200 Wayne Avenue
Kansas City, Missouri 64109