Do you want a fast-paced, exciting and innovative career in research? Altasciences is currently seeking a Clinical Pathology Laboratory Technician to be based out of Everett, Washington. The Laboratory Technician receives, prepares, processes, and analyzes specimens then appropriately and accurately documents these activities and manages the resulting data. P-IND
- Process and handle analytical specimens.
- Operate and maintain laboratory instrumentation and equipment.
- Prepare, store, and maintain inventory of required reagents and materials.
- Produce reviews and manage analytical data.
- Cross train to perform other duties within Laboratory Services.
- Train other staff on duties of Laboratory Technician I.
- Perform other duties as assigned by department supervisor/manager/director.
- Assess supplies for departmental need and order necessary items
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology or Associates degree (AA) or equivalent degree from two-year College or technical school- specializing in medical technology.
- 2-4 years experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MT, MLT, (ASCP or equivalent) Certifications
- MS Office: spreadsheet, word processing skills are required. Database entry & navigational skills are desirable. Ability to operate equipment dedicated computerized systems.
- English: comprehension, speaking, reading, writing.
- Required Math skills include, but are not limited to: the ability to utilize appropriate mathematical concepts for interpreting scientific processes.
- Ability to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team.
- Comfortable communicating with all levels of management and employees.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain organization in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Positive attitude toward work and willingness to cooperate with co-workers and supervisor.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Relaxed dress code
- Paid holidays
- Paid Time Off
- On-site cafeteria and gym
- Company events, including happy hours, team building competitions, lunches and much more.