We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, continuous training, and an education assistance program within an environment that promotes professional growth and learning.
We are seeking full time, 2nd shift Youth Care Worker at our Lake Villa, Illinois location to assist the Unit Coordinator and the Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Consultant in the supervision and monitoring of the clients in the Lehmann Cottage Autism Program, in order to ensure quality treatment.
This position involves working with children with special needs that includes the following; provide general direction and supervision, a willingness to assist with their personal hygiene practices, and participate in all other activities related to children’s health, education and welfare as well as care for the physical environment and maintain appropriate records.
- Provides general direction and supervision to children within the Lehmann Cottage Autism Program, in accordance with the principles of learning described in the literature of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA).This also includes ability to physically restrain acting out children per safety and behavior management standards.
- Directly supervise/assist children with personal hygiene practices.
- Assists in the preparation and/or serving of meals to children in the program when appropriate.
- In conjunction with the treatment team and the ABA Consultant, assists in the implementation of individualized programs plans and behavioral interventions procedures.
- Administers medications and follows medical procedures for children as directed by the Health Services Director.
- Participates with children in campus/community based activities, as well as other planned recreational activities.
- Works collegially with line staff, nursing department and others within the treatment team to ensure quality of care for unit/cottage children.
- Documents shift activities and maintain appropriate records including all data needed. Completes appropriate forms and paperwork. Maintains and updates hard copy and/or computerized files/records.
- Maintains adequate supplies for unit/cottage, reports maintenance and vehicle repair needs and responds to personal needs of children as appropriate (i.e. haircuts, new clothing needs, etc.)
- Transports children to all approved off-campus activities.
- Participates in unit/cottage team meetings; attends appropriate staffings and other meetings related to children, as needed.
- Provides assistance with special projects.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field or 5 years equivalent experience.
- Per DCFS regulations, must be at least 21 years of age.
- First Aid/CPR certified within 90 days of employment.
- Valid Driver’s License and good driving record.
- Registered Behavior Training (RBT) within 6 months (180 days)
- Prior work experience in a residential setting.
- Knowledge of crisis intervention and physical restraints.
- Registered Behavior Training (RBT) Credential
For over 120 years, our mission has been dedicated to helping children and families overcome the overwhelming impact of severe emotional and behavior issues and trauma through services and programs that create opportunities for children to learn, grow and heal.
Job type: Full time including weekends and holidays possible
Location: Lake Villa, IL; Waukegan, IL; North Chicago, IL
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
All employment is contingent on an educational, motor vehicle, and criminal background check.
Connect with us on Facebook ( The Allendale Association), Twitter (@Allendale1),
and LinkedIn ( Allendale Association).
Related search terms: Child Care, Work with children, Kids, Direct Care, Social Services, Social Work, Human Services, Children, Family, Behavioral Health, Mental Health, Crisis I, Crisis Intervention, Psychology, Non-profit, Children, Family , Sociology, Mental Health Specialist, Social Worker, Youth Care Worker, Behavior Specialists, Behavioral Treatment, Group and Individual Treatment Plans, Medicaid Billing, Youth Supervision, Medication, Recreational Activities, Behavior Plan, Behavior Solutions, Sensory, Escape/Avoidance, Attention, Tangible, Team Meetings, Youth Counselor